The best exercise for weight loss is the one you can stick with till the end of the success of losing weight.
I used to have a great deal of fat that seemed to nearly stop me breathing, especially when I knelt down to do any housework, or was walking up a hill.
I would simply have to fight for my breath for about 20 minutes. But now that has all gone, thanks to running. I have lost 14 lbs in weight, and am able to get about in comfort.
I can work all day and not feel tired. I feel so much better, and am so pleased to have lost some of the fat that was steadily gaining ground with me, and ruining my general health.
What are the major health benefits of running?
There are a number of health benefits associated with running. These benefits combat the cause of fat by burning a lot of calories and assisting the internal organs to perform their functions properly.
- Physical Strength
- Increase Bone Density
- Joint Strength And Stability
- Strengthen Lungs
- Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Strong Immune System
- Manage Weight
- Increase Confidence
- Reduce Effects of Diabetes
- Overall Mental Health
Tips on how to start running for beginners
- Wait at least 2 hours after eating, the foods you eat need to be digested to prevent stomach disorders.
- Warm up 10 minutes before running, as it helps increase the blood flow and prepare your muscles for high impact exercise.
- Buy shoes designed for running to protect your feet from injuries.
- Take 1 day off for recovery after 2 days of running, rest and recovery are essential to repair, rebuild and strengthen your body.
- Eat fat burning foods to cut down on appetite and reduce body fat effectively.
- Avoid fast food and junk food, since these foods are high in calorie and contain dangerous ingredients causing overweight and obesity.
- Speed up the recovery and strengthen your health with whey protein after exercise.
Are you or your loved ones athletic? If you are, then this post from Look What’s Cool is a must-read.