Mornings are known around the world as the dreaded part of every day. Waking up to a blaring alarm after a blissful sleep is never a wanted convenience. Then the realization that another day is upon you, full of work and responsibility is enough to put anyone in a funk. However, there are many easy ways that your mornings can be turned into a positive experience, with just a few quick adjustments to your daily morning routine!
Here are 8 easy ways to transform your mornings:
- Keep a favorite quote or saying on a sticky note beside your bed. When you wake up it can be easy to quickly slip into a negative mindset, analyzing what has to be done in the hours ahead. Taking a few seconds to read over a motivating or encouraging quote will shift your attitude from negative to positive!
- Listen to your favorite music while getting ready. Create a playlist on Spotify or Pandora of your all time favorite songs. Pick songs that are from your favorite genre of music – ones that boost your happiness and provide energy. Turn on this playlist when getting ready, just make sure to not wake up the neighbors!
- Have your outfit already laid out and ready to be worn. One of the most stressful parts of the morning can be figuring out what to wear. You decide to wear your favorite blush pink shirt, and know it looks great with your favorite black jeans. However, when you go to grab the jeans you realize they have a huge stain on them from the previous night. A mini heart attack is induced, as you now realize you have nothing to wear and will be late to work. Hold up- this stress is unnecessary, especially on a busy morning. Make sure to pick out the outfit you want to wear the night before. This way, if those perfect black jeans have a stain, you can throw them in the wash overnight, and be ready to go by the next morning.
- Drink a cup of water. Many people worship the daily morning cup of coffee, and if it’s necessary for you to function safely, do not cut this out of your routine! However, before drinking that good ol’ cup of joe, consider swallowing a few sips of water. I promise, it won’t hurt you, and will replenish your body after a long night of no hydration. A cup of water in the AM keeps the body happy for hours to come!
- Eat breakfast. I know it’s one of the most cliche pieces of advice you’ve heard since grade school, but there is a reason behind it! Don’t feel pressured to prepare a full meal, but make sure to grab a quick bite to eat. Keep some ready-to- go food in your refrigerator or pantry, like a Naked smoothie or banana. They might seem like simple options, but if your not willing to wake up 15 minutes earlier in the mornings to eat breakfast, these energy providing foods will be lifesavers! Don’t skimp out on needed nutrition and catch a few more zzzzz’s!
- Spray air freshener or burn a candle. This might sound like an abstract piece of advice, but a pleasant scent in your surrounding atmosphere is proven to be a mood booster. There’s no need to go crazy with this one either. Keep a bottle of air freshener around your bedroom and spray it a few times right when you wake up. This will improve the aroma of your bedroom, and get the day started in a fresh way. If you decide to burn a favorite candle, don’t forget to then blow it out before leaving for the day… If you tend to forget details like this, I recommend sticking to the air freshener option!
- Keep a daily goal journal beside your bed. Every morning before getting out of bed, write down one goal you want to accomplish that day. This will give you something to strive for and motivate yourself with, without putting too much pressure on yourself with an entire to-do list. Make sure to put the current date beside that day’s goal, so you can look back in the future and see how your goals shifted over the previous weeks, months, and eventually, years.
- Tidy up your living space. This might seem like a time sucking activity, as it is not mandatory, and will sometimes need to be overlooked. However, start off on a simple note. For example, make your bed every morning and hang up any misplaced clothing items. Make sure to put all the cosmetics back in the makeup bag, and place the cereal box back in the pantry. These might seem like obvious tasks, but they can easily be overlooked in the hustle and bustle of the morning. You will then feel like you have completed a task before the day has really began. Plus, after a long day of work, coming home to a clean living space will make you feel accomplished and lift a load of stress off your back.
Jordan is the beauty and brains behind Beautifully Alive! She loves eating healthy and trying new recipes.The self-proclaimed Zumba Queen has a passion for beauty products and loves reading new books. She’s always down for a DIY project!