What is whey protein and where does it come from?
Whey is the liquid that remains after the process of curdling milk. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey making up around 20% of the protein found in cow’s milk.
The composition of the product and particularly the protein content in whey made of the difference between the forms of whey protein. The 4 major forms of whey protein are isolate (WPI), concentrate (WPC), hydrolysate (WPH) and Native Whey.
- Whey Protein Isolate created by separating components from milk, removing the fat and lactose. They are at least 90% protein and almost lactose free, carbohydrate free, fat free and cholesterol free as well.
- Whey Protein Concentrate is the most common form and cheapest of whey protein. They are at least 30% – 90% protein and have low levels of fat and cholesterol, as well as higher level of carbohydrate in the form of lactose, compared to the other whey protein forms.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate is predigested for the purpose of easier consumption that allows amino acids to be absorbed by the body more quickly than intact proteins.
- Native Whey is the purest form of whey protein which is used to produce as a concentrate and isolate.
Is whey gluten free?
100% pure whey protein is naturally gluten free.
Gluten is a protein composite found in wheat and related grains, including barley and rye. Gluten causes health problems in sufferers of celiac disease (CD) and some cases of wheat allergy.From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Health Benefits Of Whey Protein
The protein contained in whey is an essential nutrient which helps
- ❤ Provide with necessities for life
- Protein is a component of every cell that we found in human body and takes part in making enzymes and chemicals which help immune system protect against viruses, bacteria and diseases.
- 💪 Maintain cells, tissues and organs
- Build up and repair the structure and function of muscles, bones, skin and blood.
- 👍 Manage weight
- Whey protein can be used as a meal replacement for fat loss and keeps our bodies healthy and strong.
- 🏀 Speed up recovery after exercise
- Use whey protein after exercise helps to build and repair muscles. Return to a normal state of health, mind and strength.
- ✨ Achieve wellness
- Whey protein is a source of high quality protein with all the essential amino acids, which enhance and maintain overall health.
- Keep you stay in shape, strengthen your bones and prevent diseases.
Is whey protein good for weight loss?
The more calories you take in, the more weight you gain and excess calories will be stored as fat in your body. Whey protein can be used as a meal replacement supplement which reduces the daily calorie intake, so whey protein is good for fat loss.
- Does whey protein help you lose weight?
- Most people use whey protein diet as a part of weight loss approach. As an alternative to a regular meal, you can take a whey protein shake which has been enriched with vitamins and fibers that play an important role in weight loss.
- How to use whey protein for weight loss?
- Whey protein shake contains much fewer calories than your meal would. Through consistently cutting those calories from your diet, you lose weight over time.
- For men we suggest 2 scoops of whey protein per serving and for women we suggest 1 scoop. These servings should be taken with 250 – 350 ml of water or milk and blended. The fewer liquid you use, the thicker your shake will be, so adjust to suit your own taste.